Dry Suit rings in the way of Goodman Handle Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PeskyMonkey

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a drysuit with Waterproof Ultima rings and use a Halcyon Focus 2.0 light. Since the light is rather long, the back of the light hits the drysuit rings, and I cannot keep the light straight on my arm. Has anyone encountered this, and how do you mitigate this?

I use a focus 1 and sometimes a handheld flare with a set of kubi medium sized rings. Have not had an issue with that combination.

I could imagine a larger set of rings might get in the way though.

I use a focus 1 and sometimes a handheld flare with a set of kubi medium sized rings. Have not had an issue with that combination.

I could imagine a larger set of rings might get in the way though.
In your case, does the back of the light go OVER the rings? or do the rings fit further back on the suit? It looks like the rings on KUBI are much smaller than what I have so I might be tempted to switch.

In your case, does the back of the light go OVER the rings? or do the rings fit further back on the suit? It looks like the rings on KUBI are much smaller than what I have so I might be tempted to switch.
I have the rings mounted on a set of DUI zipseals. I'll try and make a note of where everything sits tomorrow. I just don't remember the rings ever interfering with either light, especially given the length of the cordless light i have. I do remember thinking if I went bigger with my dryglove rings (which I was tempted to do to get a set of really thick glove liners underneath), that I'd have trouble with other stuff, though.

Back
Top Bottom