Dry Suit Repairs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

USIA

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm curious how many of you send your suits to repair companies and not your local LDS. I recently started another business seperate from USIA called Express Drysuit Repair. USIA does not work on other manufacturer's suits. The reason I started it is I found that many LDS' were dissatisfied with the time it took most manufacturers to perform repairs. I also found that many divers were frustrated by the shabby work some of the LDS' were doing on their suits. We work on almost all Shell suits, and some Neoprene, except USIA and Oceanic suits, for obvious reasons :D . As I start this new venture, I really need some advice on what services divers desire most and what they are being charged by shops for neck repairs, wrist seal repairs, zipper repairs, and pressure testing.

Turn around fast.

Talk to me on the phone.

Don't upsell me.

Show me where I can avoid future problems.

Suggest DIYs.

Keep your word.

Offer shipping options (fast/slow)

My LDS does most repairs in house for the retail cost of parts (except zippers, which they send out). They let me watch and teach me to be able to do my own repairs in the future.

Gotta love that!

Back
Top Bottom