Dry suit recommendatiom Ireland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlphaDuff

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
As any Irish diver is probably aware we're very limited in what is available in terms of dive shops to try on suits.

I'm in the market for a new dry suit. I'm currently using a northern diver neoprene RBX II. Which has been brilliant but is reaching the point where I'll need to start putting money into it to keep the suit going.

What suits would any one recommend for use in Irish waters for primarily recreational use?

I'm open to Trilaminate suits or neoprene. Considerations being shipping to Ireland and price. Looking around €1500

I know a lot of military types are using oh three. Any insights?

Jap santi emotion plus.
I love it, and i know some peolple with emotion or elite plus, which are all very happy aswell.

In the UK the answer(s) would be...

Do you want membrane or neoprene...

If neoprene, then O3. These are by far the most popular on all the dive boats I go off of.

If trilam, then look at the made to measure suits, but Otter's got a great following as they're good suits. Others include Predator, Hammond and even the new O3. The Santi suits are very good, but expensive.

Your issue is coming to terms with spending the big money on the next level of drysuit. The extras cost a bit: replaceable seals (Si-tec Quick Neck - silocone) which can be replaced very quickly when they tear; drygloves (Kubis); pee valve (mandatory IMHO!). Rock boots mean you don't roll the drysuit up in gravel and it can be turned inside out easily if it needs to dry.

All I can say is it's well worth the investment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom