dry suit materials

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trilam.

No buoyancy swing, no BS. Easy to customize, easy to repair, easy to pack, dries fast.

Cons: expensive.

Anything but crushed neo. It takes two plus days to dry and it's heavy. Durability is pretty good but I don't think it's worth the trade of putting on a cold wet dry suit the second dive of the day, the next day and so on. Trilam is next for me.

crushed neoprene is what I am wearing. Not to be confussed with compressed neoprene. Pros - very durable Cons - takes a long time to dry.

Trilam... mine is light and durable, dries fast, folds up nice and easy.

-Nick

Love, love, love my crushed neoprene!

I have the best of both worlds, DUI FLX 50/50-trilam on top.

I just turn it inside out to dry, and lo' and behold' the inside dries fine. . . .

. . . . I do hafta admit the outside is damp. . . .

Tevis

Crushed neoprene CF 200 signature series and DV boots. Some of the best dive sites that I go to require crawling on your hands and knees across sharp granite, then across some sharp shellfish looking critters to get in and out of the water. And it's not uncommon to get rolled across it all if the swells are up and you don't time the wavesets. Try THAT with your tri-lam suit with the smurf gloves and it won't be a drysuit once you get in the water. :wink:

Crushed neoprene drysuit for my style and use in diving.

I am fond of my tri lam. Same as the others--packs small, easy to repair, etc. Only drawback I have noticed is tar, which happens on the beaches in So. Cal. shows up, and does not come off the fabric. Of course it might be the same for the neo suits. I tried a neo suit in a pool once and felt fairly clumsy in it. I don't get that in the tril lam.

Back
Top Bottom