dry suit hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

idratherbediving

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
i have been changing my gear over to a dir style setup. previously i had been diving using a semidry suit. i am now breaking out my dry suit again and i was wondering, which side of the rig does the dry suit inflator hose go? if i am wearing my rig, i have my primary over my right shoulder and my secondary over my left shoulder. i have a manifold with iso valve. im guessing it goes on the reg over my right shoulder. i dont have my 7ft hose yet as it is in the mail so i dont know if it poses sdrill problem. can someone please straighten me out?

idratherbediving:
i have been changing my gear over to a dir style setup. previously i had been diving using a semidry suit. i am now breaking out my dry suit again and i was wondering, which side of the rig does the dry suit inflator hose go? if i am wearing my rig, i have my primary over my right shoulder and my secondary over my left shoulder. i have a manifold with iso valve. im guessing it goes on the reg over my right shoulder. i dont have my 7ft hose yet as it is in the mail so i dont know if it poses sdrill problem. can someone please straighten me out?

The drysuit hose goes on the left post and runs down your left side. The primary inflation (wing) comes from the right post.

thatnks for the link,but it doesnt show routing techniques of hoses on a doubles setup.
so basically what you are saying ,mechdiver, is that the low presure inflator hose and the dry suit inflator hose cross behind my neck?

The spg HP hose, drysuit inflator and backup reg hoses all come off the left valve when diving doubles. The wing/BC inflator and primary hoses come off the right post. If you are using a five or seven foot hose on your primary it is routed down along your right side, under a light canister or tucked into your waist band, around the left side of your neck to the right side. The backup reg routes from the left post around your right shoulder and is secured under your chin by a bungee or tubing.

idratherbediving:
thatnks for the link,but it doesnt show routing techniques of hoses on a doubles setup.
so basically what you are saying ,mechdiver, is that the low presure inflator hose and the dry suit inflator hose cross behind my neck?

only the low pressure inflator hose crosses behnid your neck , as it on the right post. the dry suit hose is on the left post, and routed down your side and to the drysuit.

So right post would be your primary reg, and low pressure inflator hose and the left post is the spg hose, back up reg, and dry suit hose.

the 2 hoses that would cross behind your neck would be the back up reg and the low pressure hose.

you are correct i am sorry, i wasnt picturing it corrrectly. i got it now. i understood the rest of the rig, just have to move my low pressure and dry suit inflator hoses. thank you all for the help

idratherbediving:

Here try this:

http://www.wkpp.org/articles/Gear/equipmentimages.htm

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom