Dry suit fitting tips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gidds

Contributor
Reaction score
Witness Protection Program (hiding from the MOFia)
Ok I am seriously looking into a dry suit since I live in the frozen North and I am stuck here but I want to dive. I am curious about dry suit fit because I have a wierd figure (long legs, short torso, big chest, medium waist/hips/butt, small bone frame, long arms, narrow shoulders) and because my weight tends to fluctuate a lot. I have no desire to spend a fortune on a dry suit and then have it leak on me if something about my body changes. All suggestions and tips are vasty appreciated :D

Get measured by a pro. Either get a manufacturer's rep to do it, or a local dive shop that sells many custom suits.

Trying on a few suits will help, also, especially if you can test dive them--here again, a local shop that sells many suits would be a boon.

theskull

yeah, custom might be your best best. But you never know; you may fit into a stock suit for one manufacturer, but not another. Also,iIf you get your drysuit underwear first, you can then try on a bunch of drysuits to make sure they fit with the underwear.

Bare's sizing chart may be of value to you. It's what I used to feel that I was making the right purchase. Only time will tell, but I am big boned. I went through divetank.com and they have a place on their site to put in your measurements and they'll talk to you.

I don't know that custom measurements are going to help too much if you're concerned about "changing" body measurements (something I'm hoping I will have a problem with when I lose weight). But if you have a good LDS, you may want to go through them. I wouldn't use them and then not purchase from them though... but that's just me.

Good luck.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom