Dry Suit Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, that's not what I would call crystal clear water. From all the photos I have seen, it's quite comparable to Bilećko jezero. Yes, visibility can be quite good, but that green hue is omnipresent.
I didn't dive Bilecko, so I can't tell. But when you pass the fitoplankton and enter the dark, it's actually really clear. With great visibility. It's just pitch black. So unless you have really good camera gear, it's hard to pick up and show on pictures. Yeah, the hue is present, like in all green waters, but compared to a lot of lakes it's really clear.

There is a shallow quartz mine, which is said to be clearest and warmest lake in Serbia due to the quartz sand.
But it's only 10m usable. And it's great for beginner divers.

From what I can tell from reading various FB diving groups, Silfra is a one and done for a lot of divers. They get drysuit just so they can do the dive.
One of my dive buddies wanted to do it a few years ago. He don’t have a certification with him. When I sent the logs of at least 10 people he had certified for drysuit they let him dive.

Back
Top Bottom