Dry suit and aqua seal ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trymixdiver

Reaction score
My P valve was leaking so removed it carefully. It was aqua sealed in, this worked fine for the last 7 yrs, but now it leaks.

I removed most of the aqua seal, i cant get it all unless i use a razorblade and spend a heck of alot of time on it. Not sure i want to do that in case i slip and cut a hole in my suit. Can i just clean it with cotol and seal over it, or do i need to get it as much of the old stuff off?

it will seat fine, i just dont know how well it will stick with the old aquaseal.

any ideas would be helpful, thx

Andy

(viking suit)

Don't want to offer bad advice here, and my experience is just a little different - but when I've had to repair neoprene twice the old Aquaseal (the black liquid Seal Cement) was impossible to remove without cutting it out, so I just left it there and it seemed to bond with the new coat just fine. I'd think it'd do the same on your Viking (Vulcanized rubber vice neoprene?) but if you can find someone who's done it with the exact same material that'd be good...
Good luck.
Rick

Break out the 60 grit sandpaper & a little block of wood.
If the aqua seal wants to hang on that hard, it shouldn't cause mischief. Just be sure to feather the edges & get the surface lump free & roughened up.

The new Aquaseal will bond with the old layer of Aquaseal, just make sure all other contaminats are gone (dust, Cat & dog hair, etc...). (I used Seam Cleaner from Seam Grip)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom