Dry gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaAl

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all, I’m looking for a source for drygloves. The gloves I have been using for years and looking for don’t have any name on them. There black (of course) on the outside, orange on the inside. Inside says “made in Taiwan”
Might be a longshoot but figured I’d give this a try.
Thanks, Al

I just searched around in my local area for a source of gloves used by oil workers on platforms. I found a site online that sells what I need for a couple of Euros a pair.... big savings compared to the 80 euros you pay for the BARE ones that do pretty much exactly the same.

R..

Ring system or seal-to-seal? If you're using a ring system, there are several different Showa work glove models that may work well for you. I'm using the 620s.

The thread Ultima Dry Glove System question has a long - probably too long - discussion of preferred Showa models.

Two sources of online gloves with large cheap selections I have found are Amazon and Zoro.
I bought a bunch of different gloves one time trying to dial in the "best". I did get a black glove with orange inside, Amazon. Also found the gloves I prefer the most for cheap off Zoro, shipping isn't the best unless you have a large enough order.

I'm using the XL blue Showa 660 with zip seals. About 6 bucks @ Grainger. They're a little more svelte than the 620s. I used to use the rubber ones with cuffs, 'til I realized that I hated the hard cuffs.

My favorite gloves are Ansell Sol-Vex. It is very durable and very strong against scratches.
Just one (a little bad) thing - it became a little more harder in cold water.
But all others things is very nice:
This gloves is thin - so it has great sensitivity.
Despy small thickness - it is very strong and durable gloves.
Very difficult to cut this gloves.

http://www.ansell.com/en/Products/alphatec-solvex-37-675 - like this or this Long Nitrile Gloves - 22 inch & 16 inch long nitrile industrial gloves
136-0041-02.jpg

I`m using only this gloves with my dry suite. Yo can see it on my avatar picture :)

I`d try to use Neoprene gloves (not from neoprene foam, but thin gloves) http://www.ansell.com/en/Products/neotop-29-500 - Ansell Neotop
It is very nice gloves, much more sensetive, than Nitrile gloves, it does not became harder in the cold water.... but for me it looks very weak and I`m afraid to scratch it....

Thanks for the suggestion, ordered a pair and just arrived. Not what I was looking for unfortunately, Maybe a year ago I order a pair of drygolves from DRIS hoping they were what I was looking for and these are the same as I received from them.
I have also ordered a pair suggested by Doby45 hopefully there the ones :)
Al
I use Ansell G17K gloves. They are $3/pair from Zoro.

Ansell G17K Black Heavyweight, size 10-1/2 G17K | Zoro.com

I think they are the same gloves that @Doby45 posted. But, mine are not really orange on the inside. More of a pale yellowish, I think.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom