Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Juliendiving

Registered
Reaction score
Hi!

I would like to have your opinions about a French dry glove ring system called TED'S!
Does someone know this system?

Here's the Facebook link:
TED'S
or youtube:

Thanks!

In general there are two main systems. Lockable and squeeze on "friction" based. These are friction based.

To me it looks similar to the Si Tech system except it fits over the clamping ring and not under it. As a general rule this kind of clamping system works just fine. I've been using the Si Tech ones for many years without problems.

The thing about "friction based" clamps, however, is that they will become "stiff" as they get older. That's why the Si Tech ones have a ring that you turn to force the glove off the clamp. On the French system the glove is on the outside of the clamp and he made it look easy to peal it off but I would like to see him try that with a glove that was 5 years old.

If the glove comes off that easily, especially after aging, then there may be a risk of it coming off during a dive.

On the whole I think it looks ok though.

R..

Ok! Tank you for your answer
Also this system looks good with the anodization on the ring to avoid the oxidation
Have you ease to remove the glove ring system to dry suit ring system?

Last edited:
Ok ok!
Because I'm looking for a system that I can put alone!
Did you have any experience about that?

Does someone know where I can see this kind product (dry glove ring)?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom