Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zef

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I am looking for advice on what dry glove system to buy. I have a 2018 Aqualung Fusion Bullet with the Si Tech SLT wrist and neck system. I understand the Si Tech Antares glove system was designed for this setup but have read the tabs are fragile and prone to breaking so I am hesitant to invest in that product.

Does anyone know if the PU ring, as installed in my suit, is compatible with the Quick Lock QCP or Quick Glove system?

My understanding is that the part that makes the SLT system oval shaped is the "oval stiff ring" that the wrist seal is placed over and then pushed into the PU ring glued into the drysuit sleeve. Is that correct?

Is that PU ring compatible with the other glove system that Si Tech markets?

-Z

Check out the “Waterproof Ultima” system. I have it installled on my Aqualung bullet with the oval ring system.

If you have the round rings, get the Quick Lock. I think that’s the one that just twists on. Love it. That’s the one you want. Rings are bigger but the ease of use made that worth it for me.

If you have the round rings, get the Quick Lock. I think that’s the one that just twists on. Love it. That’s the one you want. Rings are bigger but the ease of use made that worth it for me.

My suite came with oval wrist rings....is the PU ring inside my suit compatible with the Quick Lock setup?

-Z

My suite came with oval wrist rings....is the PU ring inside my suit compatible with the Quick Lock setup?

-Z

I think there might be. If you’re in the US, contact Dive Right in Scuba and they will be able to help you. They’re fab and my local shop.

I think there might be. If you’re in the US, contact Dive Right in Scuba and they will be able to help you. They’re fab and my local shop.

Thanks...I sent them a message before posting here to cover by bases. I am currently living in Europe but will call them via skype when I get home from work if I have any questions once I receive their response.

Check out the “Waterproof Ultima” system. I have it installled on my Aqualung bullet with the oval ring system.

This is looking like it might be the way to go....there does not seem to be much confusion as to whether it or not is compatible. One of the Dive shops in the area pushes Kubi and they recommend switching from silicone seals to latex when using the Kubi system....would I still be able to use the silicone seals with the Ultima system?

Thanks,
-Z

Last edited:
Kubi is an awesome system as well. If you have a good shop local to you I would recommend looking into them.

You can run latex or silicone (or nothing) with the Kubi. Glove changes are simple and cheap. 4 sizes of rings so you can get just the right size without excess bulk of one size fits all.

Kubi is an awesome system as well. If you have a good shop local to you I would recommend looking into them.

You can run latex or silicone (or nothing) with the Kubi. Glove changes are simple and cheap. 4 sizes of rings so you can get just the right size without excess bulk of one size fits all.

The shop is fine,I just would rather not pay to have a system installed when I know there are direct fit solutions available that will work with the system currently in place. I just need to crack the code on which systems those are exactly...so far I know the following:
Si Tech Antares
Si Tech Virgo
Waterproof Ultima

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom