Dry Glove Inner Seal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dr_shappero

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
When attaching dry gloves to a dry suit with latex wrist seals there are two ways to do it, with or without an inner wrist seal. I have heard pros and cons for both methods and I was just wondering among dry glove users which was more popular and why?

-Keith

I prefer the free flow of air in/out of my gloves without the need for a hose or tube required for gloves with the inner seal. The disadvantage is if you puncture your glove, the water can spill into your suit.

However, short of a ceiling (hard or deco) this is a negligible problem. I dove with a punctured glove for 20 minutes in 34 degree water this past winter. The thermals wic the water away well and a normal sort of puncture or tear will result in a slow leak. If you remove a huge chunk of glove it would flood faster of course. Bottom line, even with a punctured glove you will have time to surface before you are cold, even in the winter. Be careful not to puncture your expensive dry gloves :wink:

I know several divers who dive with the inner seal and several who dive without the innter seal. It boils down to your assesment of risks vs. conveniences.

--Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom