Drought around Banaue?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mroding

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Completly unrelated to diving, yes I know, but I have no place else to ask.

We're in Baguio right now and are planning to head to Banaue to see the famous rice terraces. However, the philstar newspaper stated a day or so ago that a major drought has hit several provinces during the last 3 months and that rain may set off landslides.

Has anyone any inside info on wether it's worth to go by Banaue to see the terraces? Or has it all gone dry?

sorry... no idea...

"dry" can be relative though - the terraces may be unfit for planting now but may just be as spectacular to behold...

and if you're worried about rain causing landslides i think the forecast for the next few days might be good (no rain since it's a drought) so in that respect it should be relatively safe

best to ask the local tourism office - they may be of better help since they're in the general area vs. us in manila :wink:

hope this helps

Jag

We've decided to postpone for now; the mayor's assistant has said on a telephone interview to a newspaper that tourists have only seen forest fires and yellow cropfield, and go home disappointed (see ww w.mb.co m.ph/articles/247018/drou ght-ravages-banaue-rice-terraces for example of the interview).

So, on to Sagada and then Vigan, and perhaps the Banaue ricefields next year!

yea.. im set to go banaue & sagada on April 8... if d drought continues.. ill just see yellow dried-up fields... :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom