drop cameras for swimming

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

highvoltagegr

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking for some help on building an underwater video system for swimming and scuba classes. I am trying to build something similar to the system used to video olympic swimmers under water. I have the track system all worked out, but I need help selecting a camera. I cannot use a standard video camera because of the weight, and i need quick access to the tapes. I am looking for a small cable connected color camera that doesn't cost too much. We plan on using the system to record swimmers and divers (and scuba classes) so each student can get a video copy of their progress thru out the class. We will need four cameras (we are using a spit screen so we can get different angles).

This system will be fixed in a pool, and we will use our portable video camera for open water dives.

Does anybody know of a good color camera to use for this application?

Atlantis Underwater Systems has a color video camera. I have seen their B/W system in a fish pool at the Bass Pro Shop in Gurnee, IL and the quality of the picture looked quite good to me.

Their web site is: http://www.firstalertvideo.com .
:snorkel:ScubaRon

Back
Top Bottom