Driving to Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jafo123

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'll be driving to Florida in the next two weeks or so to visit my sister in Hernando. That's about 20 miles east of Crystal River. I need to know some of the must do dives in the area and who to dive with. The budget is on the low side also. I live in N/W Iowa and I can't wait any longer. I just have to get wet.

Thanks
jafo123

Manatee snorkel with Bird's Underwater.

Scuba shark tooth hunt in Venice I think it is florida west scuba school or some such. Boat name is Hammerhead I think--

Other than Cold Water and bad vis the rest is all done on the EAST coast..:cold:

Last edited:
I take people out to swim with manatees, in Crystal River. Snorkeling is the best way to have a good day. There is an area to dive, but it isn't very much of a dive, unless you can handle overhead environments. I go to Rainbow River, & Silver River which are slow & easy drift dives in super clear water. There are some springs dives N. of there, too.
IM me for any questions .

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom