DRIS Video Light - Testers Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Right In Scuba

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We have a couple samples of a Video Light we have been testing. I want to get it in a few hands for reviews....

This is a 1000 lumen video light, rechargeable battery, SMALL, and packs a decent punch. Is this for high end video? NO, will it smoke most video lights on the market now....under $500 YES.....Retail will be $149.99 with a 70degree beam, 2 hour run time, battery indicator, SOS, Strobe, HIGH/MD/LOW options.

Please respond here if interested in testing. We will send them to the first person for testing for FREE. Accepting to be a tester, you are responsible to dive the lights within 1 week or quicker, and send them to the next person we have on the list and provide the address for. Last person sends it back to us.

These currently do NOT have a mounting ball as it is still being designed. You will be responsible for attaching to your rig. Do not accept to be a tester unless you are OK with all of this and up to the task. We will want sample video of the lights and feedback on the light. Video of No light and Light would be preferred.

Please don't just be a tester because it sounds fun. We are looking for honest reviews, and prefer those with experience with other lights first.

Would love to give it a whirl.

I've been looking for something for the Gopro. If this will work for that, count me in. Going to the quarry next weekend.

I am here in PR and dive every week. Will be glad to test out video lights during my dives..... I shoot only video here and have some good lights to compare. Let me know...... We do have USPS here to ship to as you know since you have a lot of my money :wink:

I would love to review it.

I am heading out to dive in Puget Sound next week (with video camera), and could compare it side by side with my Sola 1200. However, you would need to get it to me by Monday, or by Wednesday if you shipped it to Seattle.

Would love to give it a whirl as well - will be doing a week of diving in the Keys (deep and night planned as well) Sept 28-Oct 6. I already have 4 of your 1,000 lumen lights :D

I can send links to other videos I have done.

Any results of this light yet?
Heading to Cozumel next month and wanting to buy something before then.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

So...I've been tinkering with diffusers in a pair of your 1000 lumin lights to use as GoPro video lights with the expectation I'll be buying (and modifying) two more.

Before I do, can you share any more info about your video light: i.e. beam width & uniformity, size, weight, attachment method, cost, etc.?

I'd love to give one a try, but not sure I'm diving often enough to meet your evaluator criteria.

We passed on the light....I do know of another manufacturer coming out with one though. Edge/Hog will be releasing a video light in November that is REALLY sweet.

Any info on the new HOG light? A sneak preview maybe? I was about to purchase another Liquid Image light but I think I'll wait.

Back
Top Bottom