DRIS glow tubes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Glo-Toobs

Anybody have any experience with these? I'm thinking for tanks while night diving.

I use one that strobes I think I paid a little less on Amazon though. I like the blink rather than the glow but it was too bright in the bahamas I kept it off for the night dives.

I love my 200' glo toobs. When I night dive they are bright enough that I often don't even use a dive light. I don't like flashing strobes so these work great for me.

I use one that strobes I think I paid a little less on Amazon though. I like the blink rather than the glow but it was too bright in the bahamas I kept it off for the night dives.

Off topic but I see your from lost causes. I grew up there.

The VIS up here is pretty bad with the amount of silt we have so I'm not worried about it wrecking the night dive vision.

Imagine if you were fish to be suddenly flooded with strange looking haloed Jesuses

I see one person uses the this glow tube "night light" in place of a flashlight, but for others, how is this helpful? I got one as a free gift with purchase and have never used it. I’m interested to understand how it helps for night dives in the Caribbean or always dark fresh water lakes that are basically night dives.

I see one person uses the this glow tube "night light" in place of a flashlight, but for others, how is this helpful? I got one as a free gift with purchase and have never used it. I’m interested to understand how it helps for night dives in the Caribbean or always dark fresh water lakes that are basically night dives.

Not in place of, put on your tank at night especially in low vis conditions so your buddy can see you.

We are using glow sticks right now

Back
Top Bottom