Drinking zeolite and diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ffurduj

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone,
I was wondering if anyone knows if I'll have a problem if I drink zeolite(detoxification) and dive, because I read that zeolite absorbs nitrogen.
I wonder if I will have a problem because of saturation with nitrogen.

Thanks

The nitrogen of interest to scuba divers is dissolved gaseous nitrogen. Would the zeolite ever leave your digestive tract? If zeolite gives you a problem while diving, I suspect it would be because of some other reason than nitrogen saturation.
Personally, I would not ingest zeolite at all, whether diving or not.

Thank you for the answer. I have no problem, I'm going to start with a diving for 7 day. I was just wondering if zeolite can make me a problem, because he absorbs a lot of things, including nitrogen and then maybe desaturation may last longer? but I do not know if he can absorb gases to.
You can see about zeolite here:
Zeolite - Detox With Micronized Zeolite

If zeolite has any activity regarding nitrogen in the body, it likely would be by the process of adsorbtion, take place within the gastrointestinal tract & be of no significance to N2 saturation or desaturation related to diving.

The form of nitrogen that contributes to saturation of tissue/blood during scuba is dissolved gasseous N2. Assuming that ingested zeolite was somehow effective in absorbing nitrogen in this state, which I seriously doubt, it seems to me that the expectation would be (1) a prolongation rather than a speeding of N2 saturation, (2) a speeding rather than a prolongation of N2 desaturation, or (3) both.

Like knotical, I would not ingest zeolite unless it was prescribed for a specific medical indication.

Regards,

DocVikingo

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom