Drilling a hole in the end of the handles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fota

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

After a dive and especially after rinsing the camera housing, the handles are filled with water. As I have a bar between the handles with all sort of equipment (focus lights, strobes, computer etc etc) it's a bit tricky to remove the stem from the release handle, turn the handles (and the housing) up side down and pour out the trapped water. Sometimes I do it, some times I forget. Sometimes even salty water is trapped inside could stay there for quite some time.

So, I figured what if I drilled a few holes at the bottom of the handles.
Would that do any harm!?
Will something corrode etc etc!?

I filled my handles up with a very very dense foam that solves that problem as well as provides some flotation. $4 plus shipping will get you enough for 2 handles the correct diameter. The only problem is you have to remove the locking pins at the top of the handles by unscrewing the parts. If your handles are old the parts may be corroded and these parts may break on disassembly. Feel free to contact me on this if you are interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom