drift diving 1 Feb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Two shots from today's dive...went to a different area, hit about 24m and viz was better at about 8m (which is very good for these sites as it is mucky bottom and tidal).

Drift diving is great, but sometimes I need to STOP! These are the best shots of these scenes I could get today...had three of the anemone and only this one of the eel & shrimp.

I was actually watching an unusual fish before seeing the eel...the bflyfish swam up into this hole - which is a huge tritan shell - and disappeared. As I was finning like crazy to wait for him, this eel pops out to check on things...I quickly get ready to take a picture when I see these two cleaner shrimp scurry down to get involved! I was tremendously disappointed not to be able to hold position anymore but I simply couldn't fight against the drag anymore! At least I got this one :)

alcina:
Two shots from today's dive...went to a different area, hit about 24m and viz was better at about 8m (which is very good for these sites as it is mucky bottom and tidal).

Drift diving is great, but sometimes I need to STOP! These are the best shots of these scenes I could get today...had three of the anemone and only this one of the eel & shrimp.

I was actually watching an unusual fish before seeing the eel...the bflyfish swam up into this hole - which is a huge tritan shell - and disappeared. As I was finning like crazy to wait for him, this eel pops out to check on things...I quickly get ready to take a picture when I see these two cleaner shrimp scurry down to get involved! I was tremendously disappointed not to be able to hold position anymore but I simply couldn't fight against the drag anymore! At least I got this one :)
Great Pictures.. really like the one with the eel & shrimp..

In that last photo...are the light blue things some sort of shrimp?

Dee:
In that last photo...are the light blue things some sort of shrimp?
Yep - there were at least 30 of the little buggers dancing around that striped anemone...never seen so many acting so crazy before!

Do you have any close up pics of them? They're sort of blurry in this shot. I don't think I've seen anything like them.

Dee - unfortunately not. Between them bopping around so much and me whizzing by on the drift it was a grab and go. We get them on other areas/anemones so I will keep my eyes out for a good cu shot!

Oh yeah...I am trying to think of them as not so much "blurry" but more "action shot"! LOL

alcina:
Oh yeah...I am trying to think of them as not so much "blurry" but more "action shot"! LOL

Yeah...that's the ticket! I like action shot better, too. Mind if I use that excu...er, I mean description?!? :54:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom