Dramatic Dive Sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saudi-Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am lucky to dive in the southern Red Sea not the western side but the eastern side. We are blessed with fantastic Reefs. This is a surface shot of one of my favourite sites we call twin ships reef its about 50 kms west of a small saudi fishing village called Al Birk. I have recently got a C5050 camera with PT 15 housing and this post is an excuse for showing off!

and quit using the flash. You will love your photos. The white balance is important and if you will look at my last night post "eat your heart out Maui!!! you will see my photos at 40-60 feet, no flash but with the white balance set instead.

After learning the white balance, go back down and take that picture. I'll bet you'll like the difference

Rodney

Only just read your post on white balance makes excellent sense have just obtained waterproof white slate to experiment with. I have only had the camera for two dive trips and am very impressed with it. What follows is my first attempt at macro potography.

I think that Rodney is right and that your white balance setting is off. Otherwise a great picture.

I disagree with Rodney that you should turn off the internal flash. This will distort your colors and except for very close ranges you will not be able to compensate for that with white balance. Also you will get lots of dark shadows. If you look at Rodney's pictures both are very apparent.
However, you should try it and compare: that's the best way to learn.
:snorkel:ScubaRon

Leave your internal flash on, leave your white balance on auto (100), get within 3 feet of your subjects, and use the manual settings on your camera as explained on this website.
I think you will find your photos to be at their best quality.
:shades:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom