Dragon Weight Pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aguablanco1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looked all over Mares website for a contact button and couldn't find one. I have a Dragon BCD and the weight pocket buckles will not latch in properly. The movement needed is not there to allow the buckle to engage, The weights keep falling out during a dive. Is this a problem Mares is aware of? What should I do?
RichH

Hi, With any kind of warranty or possible issues with your equipment not functioning properly, you should always take it to an authorized dealer for evaluation. Often they can repair in the store, or have a solution quickly.

To find an authorized dealer you can click the sales network tab on the Mares.com website or hit this hyperlink. Authorized Dealers - Sales Network - Mares

Your issue could either be the buckle or the receptacle. Both can be easily replaced if needed. We cannot diagnose issues over the internet.

Please let me know if I can be of any more assistance.

Best,
Zak

Absolutely forgot to thank you Zak. Took the pockets to LDS and they are sending them in for eval.
Thanks,
RichH

Just an update. Got a call from the LDS today saying my new weight pockets were in. What a treat. Great CS from Mares.
Thanks,
RichH

Hi all - had a problem today with my Dragon BCD - lost one of the weight pockets at 20M...not a great place to be!!
I can not send it back as the only place that I was going was UP whilst the weight went down!

Is there anything that can be done about this or do I just join the ever increasing line of "suckers" who this appears to have happened to on this forum?

Naturally I had done all of my pre-dive checks etc. and all was in good order.

Certainly do not wat to spend £50 on getting a new pocket and weights... would rather put it towards a better solution. Do Mares feel ANY ownership of this situation? Or similarly is there ANY goodwill that will replace the item? No the BCD is not in warranty (it is just more than a year old despite only having done 8 dives!!) Personally I have loved the jacket and have spent £000's on Mares Kit...I always thought that is was a top notch company..... was not expecting this!

Back
Top Bottom