Dr. Ron Bangasser

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sapphire

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Dr. Ron Bangasser died on May 2, 2007.
Bangasser.jpg

http://www.redlandsdailyfacts.com/ci_5819113?source=most_viewed

He was a very special man and I was privileged to have known him. In addition to working with him on some public policy issues surrounding medicine, I had the opportunity to personally consult him on a serious medical issue related to my health and diving. Ron was caring and kind, reassured me and offered to take me diving again when I was ready if I wanted. In addition to all the other myriad of accomplishments in his career, he and his wife Susan, who is in the Women Divers' Hall of Fame, have done much for the diving community.

Ron carried on his work, treated patients, educated the public on many health issues, and served us all while battling colon cancer. I am saddened that we have lost this special man so early.

We will miss you, Ron. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart.

Jennifer

This is very upsetting news. Ron and I are the same age (for our entire lives as Ron used to point out) and I worked with Ron on a number of projects over the years. I always enjoyed both his expertise and his sense of humor. I will miss him a lot.

Condolensces to his family, friends, and patients.

Sad sad news...

Ron was a friend and associate.

He was a driving force in NAUI during the 1970s, producing several ICUEs aka IQs and developing NAUI into a truly professional training organization.

Condolences to Susan and his girls,

SDM

Ron was my father-in-law. I wish that I had had more time to know him, but we did have one great dive trip together in Australia which I will always remember.

Debbie, Sandi, Susan, and I thank everyone for their kind words.

This past weekend I attended my 40th high school reunion where I got the news about Ron's passing. We shared many classes and science projects together. We lost contact after graduation and it was only today when I googled his name that I discovered that we also shared a common interest in diving. I think he was on the swim team, but I had no idea of his interest in scuba back then. Then again, he was probably unaware of mine, too.

Nice guy, and I wish we had stayed in touch. It turns out we both battled colon cancer, tho mine was 16 yrs ago. Now his name joins a growing list of classmates who are on a different journey.

MT

Dear Susan, Debbie, Sandi
Been many years since I last saw or dived with your Dad.
My deepest prayer to you all.

Jeff Bixler

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom