DPV prop sizes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hi guys

can anyone tell me if the oceanic mako and apollo AV1 use the same propeller? if so, what is the rough diameter of it? Last one haha, what is the diameter of the blacktip propeller? essentially wondering if the mako/av1 propeller will fit in a blacktip shroud for a bit of a project I'm working on

thanks in advance!
thomas

The Av1 uses a different style blade than the adjustable pitch Mako/Gavin/DiveX etc. blades (which are interchangeable IIRC). The shrould that DiveX uses is the same across all of their models measures approx 12 1/8 inches across the exit, the av-1 shroud measures approx 10 7/8 inches. If I remember correctly, the DiveX should is basically a copy of the Mako.

I don't have a Mako to double check with, only 3 Sierras and 2 AV1s, but I'd think a mako prop assembly would work in a DiveX shroud.

The Av1 uses a different style blade than the adjustable pitch Mako/Gavin/DiveX etc. blades (which are interchangeable IIRC). The shrould that DiveX uses is the same across all of their models measures approx 12 1/8 inches across the exit, the av-1 shroud measures approx 10 7/8 inches. If I remember correctly, the DiveX should is basically a copy of the Mako.

I don't have a Mako to double check with, only 3 Sierras and 2 AV1s, but I'd think a mako prop assembly would work in a DiveX shroud.
The makos use the same prop design as the DiveX scooters, Cuda/Sierra/Echo. aswell as many others such as AUL Predators, Tekna, Voyager, WKPP.

The Apollos/Dacor/Tusa use a different design.

Back
Top Bottom