DPV 1 course report with Steve Blanchard May 2,3,10 QC/ON, Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lol, no, not the nose clip. That could make for a very interesting dive if forgotten.

I've seen someone do that move before. not sure I like it. It's going to make your stage switches take forever and then are you going to remove tow scooters every time too? especially on deeper dives where the clock is ticking I think it's getting a little too cute.

a better answer is to make your scooter neutral or pick your spots a little better when dropping bottles

It's not ideal but it's not that bad either, maybe 5 seconds each way.

I hear you about the weighting.

I vote for gettin' away from the floor, and mostly proper weighting. Removing a scooter just to switch stages isn't ideal and is time consuming.

a better answer is to make your scooter neutral or pick your spots a little better when dropping bottles

Knock on wood, I haven't had to do a bottle drop in a silt bomb yet. If I'm picking a decent bottle drop, its usually not a bad place to set the scooter down on the same rock or sand patch the bottles will be sitting on.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom