Downsizing fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EvilKidsMeal

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Has anyone had any luck slightly downsizing fins? I wear a size 10 boot and I have a pair of large Scubapro Twin Jets. The width is perfect with my 7mm boots, but because the toe pocket is so generous on those, I can shove my foot in until my toes pop out which makes them tingle a bit.

**Before you say it, I tried the mediums and they squeeze the sides of my feet, more than I would prefer.** The larges are snug enough on the sides, and overall they aren't sloppy.

I have been messing with making a KYDEX insert, but I've never worked with it before so it's not going well currently.

Anyone made something, or heard of a way to slightly snug up some fins? Or would spring straps help, by not feeling like I need to cinch the straps too tight?

shoe laces - is most universal way.
886e9895e5bfd5d98877fac9155384c8.jpg

7b00263f3591cc0c39c6ff3e9a856f53.jpg

209285e9adfaa235c6ce2d371cfa1ff8.jpg
158e11269aba69c00167aa248f083a92.jpg

or you can make inserts for fins pockets Вопрос по изменению ОМС слипстиримов + ФОТО ОТЧЁТ!: Клуб любителей экзотического дайвинга: Подводный форум больных дайвингом.

If you don't mind downsizing your wallet, you could try Force Fin Pros. I bought mine on eBay for a lot less than retail.

I'm not looking to buy new fins. I really like these ones. Just trying to figure out a more custom fit. The fight is close enough that it doesn't nag at me while diving, but if I think about it, I feel like I have to readjust.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom