Down130' Offers FREE PADI Scuba Classes in Fort Lauderdale!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

down130

Contributor
Reaction score
Down130' and Mike's Scuba is offering a FREE Padi Open Water Certification class in Fort Lauderdale, Florida starting September 3rd! This is part of Down130's mission of growing the sport of diving! How's it work? Well, here's the catch!

You have to purchase your books, materials, and certification card for $75

You also have to buy a "Mike's Scuba / Down130' Gift Certificate for $250. This gift certificate can be used for anything at Mike's Scuba (and our online store) and/or Down130' products. We suggest you use it toward your mask, fins, and snorkel which are required for class.

Why are we doing this? Well, in these very tough economic times if we can put the sport in front of people for less than the standard cost more divers will get certified and enjoy the sport of scuba! We have done this same exact thing in Pennsylvania and in two months have created 50 new divers! This class will fill up quickly, so make sure you sign up in time! In order for signup, the $75 (for books, materials, etc) must be paid along with the $250 gift certificate. Basically you are getting certified for FREE! You are NOT charged for rentals, we provide EVERYTHING YOU NEED for the class (with the exception of mask, fins, and snorkel which you can use your gift certificate for!).

Here is the schedule. We have made the evenings Thursdays and Fridays with the exception of the checkout dives which will be held on a weekend.

September 10th and 11th (classroom from 6pm to 9pm)
September 17th (classroom from 6pm to 9pm)
September 18th (pool class from 6pm to 9pm)
September 25th (pool class from 6pm to 9pm)
September 26th and 27th (Checkout Dives)

All class dates MUST be attended. All classes will be done in the Fort Lauderdale area.

The normal cost for taking a scuba certification class in the Fort Lauderdale area is $499 PLUS you will have to buy your own mask, fins, and snorkel! Some even charge you rentals on top of that. Instead of you paying for the class, you are basically buying $250 worth of gear FOR YOURSELF and buying your books and materials! This price is totally unmatched! If you are interested, email sales@down130.com or PM me on scubaboard. Tell your friends, family, or coworkers! If they are thinking about learning to dive, this is the most economical way this has ever been done. Down130' and Mike's Scuba have teamed up! Mike's Scuba has been teaching PADI classes since 1996!

Hoping to dive with you soon! Please spread the word!

The Down130' Team

Could you please provide a link or address and phone number for Mike's Scuba?

Thanks.

Is the boat ride free too or is there another charge for that?

I'll try my best to answer everyone's questions....

Yes, we are Down130' out of Pennsylvania. We also own Mike's Scuba in Pennsylvania also. We have been in business for over 10 years. As far as the retail space question, yes, we are also currently looking for retail space in Fort Lauderdale. I went to Pro Dive years ago and LOVE the area. Its like a 2nd home :) Let me know if you have any other questions. Our prices are unmatched for this scuba class.

Thanks and dive safe,

Mike

Google is your friend
Mike's Scuba , Fort Lauderdale - Google Search

Mike Miller = Down 130' = Mike's Scuba

Mike's Scuba
2391 Old Route 220
Duncansville, PA 16635

I don't know the guy but it seems he is looking for retail space in a Ft. Lauderdale hotel
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fl...retail-space-fort-lauderdale-please-help.html

Do you, or do you not have a spot to hold these classroom sessions? What contingencies are in place for anybody that pays the money but the worst (for you) happens and you have no space. What guarantee does the person that has already bought their "course" have that they will get their training for the promoted price? Does this in any way go against any PADI rules? Is there ANY hidden costs at all? Fuel surcharge etc. for boat trips?

I am just asking because it is only fair that the consumer have all the answers before they click the digital purchase button :D.

You don't mention the cost of the open water dives. I know that in S. FLA you have plenty of choices including beach dives, but it would be great if you specify what the price covers.

Google is your friend
Mike's Scuba , Fort Lauderdale - Google Search

Mike Miller = Down 130' = Mike's Scuba

Mike's Scuba
2391 Old Route 220
Duncansville, PA 16635

I don't know the guy but it seems he is looking for retail space in a Ft. Lauderdale hotel
Looking for Retail Space in Fort Lauderdale... Please help!!

Oceanus, thanks for the links... I had "googled" the names, but there was no way to verify at least that I could see that this was the same op.

Thanks for the replies. As far as extra costs for the checkout dives, there are none. The total $75 and the $250 gift cert is all you will pay. This includes checkout dives, books, materials, and you get your $250 gift cert toward what you want to use it for. We are not taking any more than 40 people. There will be small groups dividing into several different instructors. We do everything by the PADI standards. We are working on a space for classroom, pool, and the checkout dives. They will all be done in the Fort Lauderdale area. Basically we are only asking for the $75 deposit for the books and materials. The $250 won't be paid until the very first night of class (for the gift cert). I will be able to post more details of the class in the next 3 weeks as far as exact locations. We are working with several different locations and will decide within the next 3 weeks. There are no other costs. We have been doing this same thing at our dive shop in Pennsylvania. If you have any questions, please also feel free to call my shop at 814.695.4666 or my cell at 814.502.4773. As mentioned above, this includes checkout dives and all rental gear (except mask, fins, snorkel) which you can purchase with the gift certificate if you'd like.

Thanks again,

Mike

Back
Top Bottom