Dove with Blue Water Divers, Quiescence & Silent World last week, all three excellent

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sabbath999

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, we dove with three different operators at Key Largo last week, and I just wanted to drop a note that all three were excellent.

Because of the screwy nature of our trip (which was not actually a dive trip, but rather a trip to south Florida so we took our dive gear) and our non-set schedule, we kind of had to just scratch around to find dives that would meet our standards.

As I was trying new sea-sickness meds for the first time, I wanted to stick to shallow reef dives, so we basically looked for who was going to the reefs.

Day 1, we dove with Blue Water Divers. We were the only two people on the boat, so it was like having a private charter without having to pay for a private charter. We dove the winch hole and spanish anchor. Both dives were an hour bottom time, and the Capt. was very good to us, treated us great. Of the boats we dove, I liked the setup of Blue Water Divers the best with the low transom in the back and the platform. Easiest to get off and on of the three.

Day 2 we went out with Quiescence, and we went to the Elbow and dove two sites there. Six pack boat with four divers on it, good Captain again. Good dive breefing. Option of back rolling into the water or going over the high transom with a giant stride (Sit on transom while Capt. brings your rig, suit up and off you go. Of the boat set ups, I liked this the least but the service was outstanding and I wouldn't hesitate to dive with them again... I just didn't like the boat setup quite as much. Also, the boat ride is significantly longer since you have to go through the canal, but I don't really count that as a minus because the trip is interesting and the water there smooth as glass.

Day 3 we were scheduled to go to Carysfort with Silent World on an afternoon dive, but as we were waiting to go out a thunderstorm with waterspouts came up. The waves really picked up and the seas outside the reef got beyond where we could safely go out, so the captain scrubbed Carysfort... he gave us options, and we (6 of us) decided to go to the wreck of the City of Washington. Good dive, and we also dove a nearby spur on the Elbow.

All in all, three different operations, three thumbs up. I wouldn't hesitate to use any of these operations the next time I am there...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom