Dove North Wall today!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mi000ke

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Was finally able to get a dive in now that the island is open for diving. It felt great just being under the water, but both dives were fantastic and the marine life was teeming. We did Eagle Ray Pass and were rewarded with two large spotted eagle rays swimming side by side along the wall. Also lots of nurse sharks, a few large sting rays, turtles, moray eel, lobster, crab, and the usually cast of reef fish characters. Vis was about 80 feet, no real current, and water temp 85. Followed that with Ray's Bedroom. A nice pleasant shallow dive again wit the usual characters. And of course we (mostly) maintained social distance. Hoping we can get enough locals diving to get more boats going out with as many dive ops as possible.

Unfortunately no photos as i am still waiting for SeaFrogs to be able to ship a replacement for my leaking housing to the island.

Divetech?

Tried DiveTech but couldn’t get a spot on the boat. Got a call from Liz at Living the Dream inviting me to tag along while she took her crew of 6 employees out for a “shakedown” dive just to get everyone into the water again. A really nice gesture by some really nice folks. Still hoping to get on a DiveTech boat soon, though. Or any dive op for that matter. Red Sail is waiting until things loosen up more on 7/19. Friend at cayman turtle said they would be operating this week and would let me know. Not sure there are enough locals to fill the boats enough to pay for the ops to go out regularly. Here’s hoping.

Many of the ops are going to run boats on the weekends when more people are home from work. Everyone is so hopeful that we will be to having visitors again soon. In the meantime all the DMs that stayed are just delighted to be doing something. Everyone is clamoring for business. There are many owners who are paying rent, staff and overhead even tapping into their pension plans, they really need a break. Hopefully they will get it soon. There is an effort for everyone to keep their pricing the same so as not to keep an even playing field. Hopefully everyone will stick with the plan and not undercut their colleagues.

Was finally able to get a dive in now that the island is open for diving. It felt great just being under the water, but both dives were fantastic and the marine life was teeming.

:rule40::clearmask::)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom