doubling up Faber LP66 is a good idea ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Tell me what you think.... I have 2 Faber LP66s that are singles now and I dive them with my RAM. I have a J single outlet manifold and bands that seems should be good for this tanks and the manifold... I currently use those tanks a singles when doing shallow - down to 40ft dives. I can go for a 40 mins on a single tank but want to get more time and potentially do a bit deeper dives so I was thinking about doubling them up to get more volume. Do you see any cons of potential problems I might be overlooking? I have a set of 72s with a modern manifold and I want to keep them this way as they trim very well for me.

2 LP66 can provide a decent volume one good dive at 2500psi

Why not? I have a set of double 72s that hold about 65 cu. ft. each at 2250 PSI and I really enjoy diving them and even dive them in shallow water. I have them connected by a J manifold with a center tap and mounted on on an old Dive Rite plastic backplate. I use a Dive Rite Classic Wing and dive the rig with both single hose regs and my PRAM. If you want to really go old school, Simonbeans can make you a nice harness to fit your bands.

So go for it and have fun.

I enjoy my twin 45s, and now have some steel twin 50s. I really like the way they ride on me in the water, so I'd highly recommend that you double up those Fabers. The double hose regulator sits much nicer on the back on a set of doubles.

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom