Doubles setup ordered!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jduncan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After much research and debate, we've finally ordered the doubles setups.

(2) OMS 45lb wing
(2) Worthington HP80
(2) Worthington HP100
(2) OMS 300 Bar Rotating Crossbar Manifolds
(2) Pair OMS Tank Bands
(2) Genesis GS2000 setups with 7' hose and DIN conversion kit

Ouch

Did you get two each of the 80's and 100's??

What kind of dives are you planning with the doubles? If it's cave, there's no benefit to getting larger cylinders for the "heavy breather" since you have to do your gas planning based on the smallest cylinders in the team...

Roak

Could be going the same route that dynamiteT and I are going. I am looking at the hp119's and she is looking at hp80's. I will gas match when diving with her, but when diving with others, I have the availability to increase the amount of back gas that I am carrying. And as I am starting my cave training before her, I will be diving with others until she is ready.

And it is not that I am a heavy breather. Matter of fact I come up from dives only a couple of hundred PSI below her, it is simply that I am 6'1" and 250 lbs and she is 4'11" and 100 lbs and she just can't carry the larger heavier cylinders.

That's the logic right now behind our planned purchases of doubles for the two of us. May be something similar to the dissimilar cylinder sizes for Mr. Duncan..

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom