Doubles and non matching regulators....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J Easy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What are peoples thoughts/opinons on using 2 different brands of regulators on doubles. For example, using a Oceanic CDX5/ GT3 on the left post and an Apeks ATX200 on the right post?

if you're happy, we're happy.

It causes a number of maintanence problems when you mix and match equipment because you are having to get two or more sets of o-rings and rebuild kits.

Otehrwise refre to BabyDuck's response. I personally mix first and second stage regulators and I just happen to have three different brands that all work in the same IP range.

Other than the need for service kits, and that makes the assumption that you are servicing your own regulators, then there is no compelling reason or requirement to match your reg's. Any good regulators should suffice. Let's dive!

Thanks for the responses. The cosmetic aspect is not an issue for me. I was curious about the idea of gear uniformity and functionality within the Tech realm. I guess the bottom line is "If the shoe fits..." Hopefully soon I'll be doing some doubles training and then Adv Nitrox/ Deco Procedures. I have the itch, I just need to start scratchin'! ha ha

If you are confortable with both of them, it is ok, the problem is not the diving itself, but the maintenance, if they are the same you can carry only one set of spare parts for both and if you do your own maintenance, IMO it is better to have they all similar so you develop a better skill to service them (and maybe some discount to buy same maintenance kit..)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom