Double Penetrators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seedy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have bought 2 DorcyII and made an arm mount to hold both. I am not an experienced night diver. They have a very tight beam, do you think you
need a bit more spread ? Are they capable as primary lights ?How do you think they rate against say a shockwave 400 lumens? thanks for any comment......

Attachments

• dbl dorcy.jpg
    dbl dorcy.jpg
    325.6 KB · Views: 111
I'm not sure what particular model that you're referring to. The Dorcy Dive Light that I'm aware of is a 220 Lumens LED. I think its run time is around 8 hours and is guaranteed to 100 meters. I suspect from the photo that you've used it, so whether it's sufficient as a primary light for the type of diving you do, who would know better than you? I imagine in time you may get something more powerful and use this as a back-up. Nice mounting BTW.

If as DCBC mentioned they're the 220 model (I have three) then they're fine for a primary on recreational night dives IMO. They're tighter than the Shockwave as I recall, but there's enough splash. I've used a 50 lumen light for night dives and been happy with it, although lumen ratings can be deceptive as compared to actual performance

More importantly, where do you put your beer now??

They are the new 220 lumens, I would like to hear the theory on that clip and the entanglement
issues......as far as the beer holder goes, I have never had much luck drinking underwater anyway...

They are the new 220 lumens, I would like to hear the theory on that clip and the entanglement
issues......as far as the beer holder goes, I have never had much luck drinking underwater anyway...

This type has been called "suicide clip" by as it can catch lines. One death on the Andria Doria has been attributed to the diver getting stuck on lines with clips like this. The safer alternative is the snap bolt which requires positive effort to open.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom