Double payment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My auto was charged but site hasn't recognized it yet, shrug not a big deal
Except I'm getting adds and pop-ups that aren't supposed to be there if I am subscribed.

Except I'm getting adds and pop-ups that aren't supposed to be there if I am subscribed.

I've been getting adds for the last several months

Use an ad blocker extension on your browser. Makes a huge difference.

I did Sponsor for a couple Covid years, but intended to change from Sponsor to Supporting next time it came up. My renewal date is shown as 7/14/22. I didn't get to cancel because it charged me on 6/5/22, which seems rather early? No notification ahead, just from Paypal after the fact. How do I get a refund of the amount?

Also, it is not obvious how to cancel. I had to do a search and learn it from a thread from 2012. If you can't do it (which is hard to fathom at least give a hint about how to do it through Paypal on the Account Upgrade page.

I might have let it go, but the early charge and lack of obvious way to cancel is annoying in principal.

If you have to cancel a recurring PayPal payment you have to go into PayPal subscriptions to cancel - with PayPal itself. Took some digging around for me to find that for something else.

Yes, now why does the Account Upgrade page not simply say that?

I got an an alert that my upgrade had expired, and followed the suggested link to manually pay. A few hours later the automatic payment was charged. Can I get one of those back?
Kudos to @The Chairman for dealing with this. I know he has other more important issues on his plate, so I appreciate the effort devoted to my problem (which I probably was at least partly responsible for creating).

Yes, now why does the Account Upgrade page not simply say that?
PayPal simply won't allow it. They have all the control here. For the most part it works well, but they do mess up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom