For Sale Double HP 100's Fresh Hydro and VIS - Seattle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NudiBoop

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Faber 100s born 2011, set up for DIN (no inserts)

Hydro and VIS 5/2024 (2nd Hydro in either tanks life)

These are FX100s not MP3180s.

+valve plugs

$575

Attachments

• tanks-1.jpg
    tanks-1.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 43
I've not yet gotten into doubles, just found a good deal on a pair - separated and dove them, then decided 100s weren't big enough.

You get bizarro Kramer to put them back together again when all the kings horses and all the kings men couldn't

They look like painted Faber. Are they MP3180 or FX100?
Great question! They have radically different weight profiles. If I had known this when I listed them, I definitely would have included this info (and have since updated the listing). They are FX100s as determined by the stamped working pressure of 3442, which means an empty buoyancy (with valve) of -8.4 lbs vs the MP3180 which has an empty buoyancy (with valve) of -15.8 lbs.

I referred to a pretty thorough cylinder spec sheet that I found on a Swiss cave-diving site (Willkommen bei Swiss-Cave-Diving). I've attached it for posterity and/or in case the site disappears.

Attachments

• CYLINDER-SPECS.pdf
    138.2 KB · Views: 17
If you still have them when I move into the area in August I'd be very interested.
I actually have a set of doubled 3180s and they make an excellent drysuit tank. Too heavy for sidemount however.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom