DOT Investigating some Impropper/Invalid Scuba Tank Hydros

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akdeepdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My facility received this information and attached pictures. I figured I would post it on here for the widest dissemination since it involves SCUBA tanks with Improper Hydro Stamps. If your shop has seen these, please contact the individual below.

V/R
Myles
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The US Department of Transportation Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration is asking for assistance regarding the cylinder in the attached photograph. The cylinder appears to have an improper/invalid RIN. We are asking anyone who is in possession of a cylinder with this improper RIN or knows where one is, to contact us immediately. I can be contacted at earl.whitley@dot.gov<mailto:ea<WBR>rl.whitley@dot.gov> or 909-222-9546. If you are in possession of this cylinder or one without a proper requalification marking, please ensure that it is tested before being placed into service.

Further information regarding cylinders can be found at http://phmsa.dot.gov/hazmat/<WBR>regs/sp-a/approvals/cylinders

Attachments

• Bad Rin.jpg
    Bad Rin.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 59

Back
Top Bottom