Dot even damp callout

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
The little black box managed to stay quiet for a while. NOT!

After the obnoxious beeping it reads; “43YOM MISSING LAST SEEN IN WATER CORBIN PARK BLK SHIRT BLK SHORTS LONG BEARD AND BLK HAIR. WENT DOWN RIVER TO GET DOG. DID NOT RETURN. 070607 1950”.

I’m out the door, in service and in route at 1952. Cover the 5 miles through town and arrive on scene at 1957 hours.

I start throwing stuff around and while I’m getting suited I learn he’s been down for at least 3 hours. DUH, I have a Marine Deputy advise the rest of the team responding to reduce code. Now for a game plan.

Game plan? We need no stinkin game plan, the Bozo shows up across the river on some private property. He’s trying to find a spot in the river he can walk across. There is one but the last guy that tried we recovered an hour later.

OK now it’s a hundred flippin degrees out, I’ve been out in the heat all day with Honey-Do stuff and now I have a load of adrenalin to deal with. Bozo and I are going swimming and I have an extra weight belt in the car for him. :D

I just love it when a group of drunks get together to get a little drunker. Then they try and swim a river that kills it’s share yearly. But the best part is after you go under they drink your share of alcohol before calling 911.

It turns out that this guy went swimming after his dog, a water breed no less, I guess because all Fido could do was Dog Paddle he needed to help him out. So they go down stream and around a corner which is out of sight of the alcohol containers.

Then some drunk decides that they might want to do something like either call 911 or get more alcohol. The decision was made to call 911 after 3 hours. Maybe they waited for him to sober up and be the designated driver.

Just another case of PVPNHI. :shakehead

Gary D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom