Don't use Divers Discount.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BADiver

Reaction score
DO NOT PATRONIZE Diver's Discount.com!!!!! For those of you who use online stores, my advice is to use DiveUS.com or Leisurepro.com. Diver's Discount lied to get my order and never delivered. I was told that they could meet a comp price and a specified delivery and met neither and blamed it on the manufacturer, Sherwood. When I went to the shop, the owner, Jim, who made the promises, refused to talk to me. No apologies were made, nor was an alternative given, just a refund by a sales associate who knew nothing about scuba diving equipment, or diving for that matter. After I left the store, I was sent an email that my order had shipped ...... these people are idiots!!!!

So i was right.

There are always 2 sides to a story.

I have not had any problems with DD other than late delivery, which was Hacyon gear and everyone is waiting for there stuff.

Andy

DD is my LDS I am not ashamed to admit it.

DD is ok. I don't know about them being the best. A buddy bought a dive computer (old 350GT) from them at a good price. The thing died on the second dive....probably a dead batter and the comp had been sitting on the shelf for awhile.

Thinking there were major issues, they gave him back his money. Again, reasonable service.

Otter

I have had no problems with DD but I know what happens with many online stores is that they take your order while they do not have the item in stock. This is common, lousy but common. Then they rely on the manufactuor to ship it.

So are you going to return the item if they do ship it?

DD has always delivered for me. Since I'm out on Catalina we expect delays, but they generally get things here on a timely basis. I've been happy.

Dr. Bill

Al Mialkovsky once bubbled...
...but I know what happens with many online stores is that they take your order while they do not have the item in stock. This is common, lousy but common. Then they rely on the manufactuor to ship it.
This is common practice for many (maybe even most?) online stores outside of scuba. It even extends to eBay - many of the digital cameras offered for auction aren't actually in the sellers hands - the seller just places a dropship order with a manufacturer or distributer once the auction ends. A friend of mine bought a digital camera in this way, and paid a fortune for overnight shipping. 3 weeks later, his camera arrives, via overnight shipping (duh), from a wholesale distributer.

Stores like LeisurePro and DiveInn have a much better system - there is a stock level status shown on the screen before you even add the item to your shopping basket.

Considering DD is my LDS ( 5 min from my house) i have had only one issue with them. It was a Halcyon order they told me would take a couple of weeks, it turned out to be much longer.

Was it a big deal, yeah to me it was, but i have used DD for the last 18 months and have not had any other problems.

Infact, they have been very nice to me. They dont charge me for fills, and last week they didnt even charge me for a wet suit rental for my buddy. I could list many other Free bees and favors they have done for me.

I think they may be short handed, on sunday i dropped off the free rental and there was only 2 people in the whole buliding.

Andy

people make mistakes, i havent been to a LDS that hasnt screwed something up one time or another.

If a shop screws me time and time again i will post that too, and i did awhile back. There is one shop locally i wont step foot into OWHMS!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom