Don Ho, dead at 76

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jcsgt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
'Tiny Bubbles' Singer Don Ho Dies at 76
By JAYMES SONG, Associated Press Writer
Sun Apr 15, 2:34 AM

HONOLULU - Legendary crooner Don Ho, who entertained tourists for decades wearing raspberry-tinted sunglasses and singing the catchy signature tune "Tiny Bubbles," has died. He was 76.

He died Saturday morning of heart failure, publicist Donna Jung said.

Ho had suffered with heart problems for the past several years, and had a pacemaker installed last fall. In 2005, he underwent an experimental stem cell procedure on his ailing heart in Thailand.

Gov. Linda Lingle said Ho created a legacy that will inspire future generations of musicians in Hawaii.

"Hawaii has lost a true island treasure," she said. "He laid the foundation for the international prominence Hawaii's music industry enjoys today."

Besides "Tiny Bubbles," his other well-known songs include "I'll Remember You," "With All My Love," and the "Hawaiian Wedding Song."

In the final years of his life, Ho's heart problems couldn't keep him away from the stage. He was back performing at the Waikiki Beachcomber Hotel on a limited schedule less than two months after his heart procedure in Thailand. His final performance was Thursday, Jung said.

Ho is survived by his wife, Haumea, and 10 children, including Hoku, who sometimes performed with her father.

Wow,,,,He had a great life and impacted lots of people and turned many on to Hawaii.

heard about it last night....he was pretty sick for some time.

Aloha...

Sad but not really a surprise. Like Lisa said, he was sick for a while. I was lucky enough to see him at a Jimmy Buffett concert a while ago.

I'm not even from Hawaii, but was still sad to see his passing. Sorry I missed him when I was in Oahu, recently.

Aloha oe, farewell to thee,
Thou charming one who dwells among the bowers
One fond embrace, before I now depart
Until we meet again, until we meet again

:116:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom