Don Foster's Changes Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alex777

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I have it on good authority that Don Foster's has ended its cruise ship contract and is now competing for stay-over clients like the other dive ops. If you are interested in diving the West or South sides in the next few months, this could be good news. Spots on DF's boats are likely to be available on short notice and you need not worry about the dreaded 'cattle boat syndrome'. DF is also one of the few dive ops with a boat going out each afternoon at 2 PM. This afternoon, there were just 5 of us on board.

Alex I saw that last week in the CayCompass I might give them a try next trip.I always liked the South side better than West.

I thought they only lost the contract with Carnival? Though I believe Carnival is one of the 2 that are pulling out from the island (for the 2nd time and probably won't last more than a year again) over the dock dispute

Well that's nice to hear. Although I imagine cruise ship business may be a necessary evil for a lot of dive shops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Alex I had one of my best encounters with a turtle at Kents caves he was possibly 1500 pounds and sleeping in one of the small caves I alerted everyone to see it and luckily they all did.The guide said it was the largest he has ever seen on island.

Remember the drift dive we did with Dusty on the South that was interesting.

Alex I had one of my best encounters with a turtle at Kents caves he was possibly 1500 pounds and sleeping in one of the small caves I alerted everyone to see it and luckily they all did.The guide said it was the largest he has ever seen on island.

Remember the drift dive we did with Dusty on the South that was interesting.

Yes, the South Side is underrated in my book. Not many dive ops go down there, perhaps because the DMs do not know the sites. It's a chicken&egg problem.

Yes, the South Side is underrated in my book. Not many dive ops go down there, perhaps because the DMs do not know the sites. It's a chicken&egg problem.

We shore dived Kents Caves yesterday morning. No current & great vis in the shallows between the mini wall & Sand Cay.

The south has some great sides mostly unmarked. A favourite is the couple of hundred yards just west of Breakers. Park just by the 30 mph sign entering Breakers - the wall has tons of chutes & canyons. Colourful shallows too.

Did the south side one trip when the wind was blowing on the west side

UPDATE:

I now understand from Don Foster's that they have managed to obtain a new cruise line contract, so it is business as before. Accordingly, my suggestion in the OP can be ignored.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom