Dominican Republic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buckland

New
Reaction score
My wife and I are thinking of taking our open water certification with Pelicanosport in Puntacana. Does anyone have any opinions on them as we've never been there before. Thanks.

Was in Punta Cana a few years ago Dominican Punta Cana I believe...Atlantic Ocean side of island diving was nothing to get excited about. Small fish, little variety of hard coral....but we took a bus to the Carribean side of the island and it was much better. Large lobster, rays the size of the palm of your hand, moray eel out cruising around (or maybe it was a sea snake, it was green round and about 5-6feet long) I kept my distance, no need to "poke the bear". Corals were beautiful, wall on part of the dive. Don't know what side of the island Pelicanosport is on, but the air was cool in Feb in Punta Cana. I live in Wisconsin and my winter calloused hide thought it was on the cool side of warm. Have fun wherever you go!

Go to Bayahibe, the diving and atmosphere is great there.

If you want the five star trip (may keep the missus happier), you can stay up the road in 'La Romana'.

Dive with 'Scubafun' , they make a real effort to take of their clients; you won't regret it.

Go to Bayahibe, the diving and atmosphere is great there.

+1 on Bayahibe. Nice hotels (dirt cheap), good diving. I went with Gri Gri Divers, but I think it is all good.

Back
Top Bottom