Dominican Republic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I stayed at the Oasis Canoa and dove with SeaPro Divers. Diving was good, but not spectacular. I had made arrangements with ScubaFun to dive, confirmed with them by e-mail 6 days before arriving, and they burned me by not picking me up the first day so I lost a day of diving. I was not happy with them or the BS excuses, none of which made much sense.

The hotel shop (SeaPro) used small skiffs and the surface intervals were on shore. DM's were OK and spoke several languages. I did 8 dives with them, one of which was the St George wreck.

Kodakgallery.com Slideshow

Have a fun time!

Rick

Great. Thanks.

Sorry nipi, Semana sux, been there twice (not because I wanted to the second time, because I had a dive partner who was a glutton for punishment). No pelagics, no sharks at all, lousy dive boats and facilities, I've dove off better Sam-pans. The last time I was in the region they were having their yearly riots in the streets (burning tires and rolling them down the hills toward the beach so-called resorts, throwing rocks at foreigners, etc.) over the power blackouts. Every year they do this because, in case you didn't notice, the people have a bad habit of climbing up the nearest tree power pole and splicing in to it with extension cords run to their homes so they don't have to pay for the power. Consequently, the power service shuts down due to dangerous overload and the fun loving Dominicans don't appreciate it. But hey! Why take it out on themselves when they can blame the divers staying in the crappy cabins on the beach being powered by loud stinking generators to begin with. Good times! But if that isn't enough you could always take a nice walk along the beach in the effluent. Raw sewage is a great aphrodisiac. Yeeeee Haaaa!

Listen... you had a bad time. For that I am sorry. But it isn't like it is always like that. I live in Puerto Rico. We have times like this too. No need to make my vacation seem like it is going to be terrible. It's just island life man... Just chill.

prskate2 --

I had a fantastic time during my week in the DR and wouldn't hesitate to return. I hope you have as good a time as I did and enjoy your vacation!

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll try to answer them as best as I can.

I'm sure I will have a great time too. If I have any more questions I will ask you.

Hello prskate2 when are you going I am tring to get a trip set up for my B-day in week of the 19th I plan to stay in Punta Cana dont know if this is a good place or not but heard good things about Scuba-fun so I am tring to get set up with them since I have all my own gear the rental foes wont be a problem for me.

Choyster thanks for your input I hope to have as good a time as you.

Hi all, the mrs and i will be heading out to bayahibe in july. saw some cool dives from scubafun as well. anything else anyone can offer as far as info on dive ops or hotel? we will be staying at the oasis canoa. Thanks in advance.

Striker-1 I will be going to the DR on the 25 of June until the 30th. I will be staying in Bayahibe and will be diving with Dressel Divers since they are based out of my hotel. I might be able to dive with you. I am going with my parents as well. Mabey if you dive with Dressel we can dive together. I can't dive with anyone else and I wouldnt want to anyway, because I am going to take the Advanced Course with Dressel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom