Dominican Republic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

prskate2

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I will be going here in June and looking into diving. Any recommendations?

Go to the Bayahibe area. On the Punta Cana side the surge can get wicked on the reefs. Bayahibe has some decent reefs and an artificial reef wreck worth doing.

That is actually where I am going.
Anyone else?

Thanks but I will be staying on the South-Easter coast. So I won't be able to check that out...

OK - so go to Bayahibe, stay at the Hotel Bayahibe & dive with Casa Daniel (ask them to take you to Catalina or Saona) - also an excellent fish restaurant (Mare Nostrum) right opp. the dive shop. We were there last week & they took us to Catalina Wall & El Acuario - an excellent shallow miniwall. (And my recommendation is in no way influenced by the fact that rum & cokes were provided on the beach after ...).

Great. Thanks for the recommendations. I will be diving with Dressel Divers though. They do normal dives and day trips. I will only be able to do one entire day trip. (But will be doing 6 dives in total) Which do you recommend out of the 2 mentioned above? Because both those sites I am pretty sure are on the day excursions.. But I do love walls! I will most defiantly check out the restaurant too.

Thanks.

I was there last month and did 6 dives with ScubaFun. The diving was spectacular. I thought the Wall was overrated but El Acuario more than made up for it. Penon is supposed to be even better. Be aware that the "town" of Bayahibe is VERY small. If you get a chance and are into fine dining, visit Casa De Campo in nearby La Romana. There's a restaurant by Le Cirque on the beach which is incredible and cheap (by Le Cirque standards!).

Here's a link to an album with some photos from Bayahibe. Feel free to PM me with more specific questions.

Picasa Web Albums - Andy - Dominican Rep...

Thanks for all the info. Love all the pics. Really like the ray! Where were those pics taken?

Photos of the rays were taken at a site called Guaraquao 1 which is just one of the local reefs. Let me know if you need any other info.

Back
Top Bottom