dominican republic trip report C&C first time with camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buton

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I Just arrived from my honeymoon at the Dominican Republic, the diving was good, I had the chance to take my camera canon sd630(yes old 2006) with chdk and a sea life strobe, i shoot jpeg and raw. I was struggling with the fiber optic cable attachment because it was not catching the flash but I get it to work. I some places it was hard to take pictures as it is just a bottom reef, there is no place where u can lay down or stand up vertically or a chance to till the camera. As I have read the rules first GET CLOSER I was able to get close to some big stuff like eels, lobster, lion fish etc.., but getting close to small fish was hard they ran away from me. Second rule, shoot upward so you have a blue background, impossible to do it because it is a plain coral reef bottom and you cannot do that without damaging the coral, some pictures of the fish are from top which I did not like it. Others have a los of dust, or sand thanks to the diving idiots that where not property weighted and they were just stirring the bottom

In general, I manage to achieve good buoyancy to approach slowly to fish and take some shots, I got the opportunity to shoot a kind of big octopus but my flash was not working but I had the raw file and I was able to restore the colors.

This is my first pictures underwater I think they are fair good, I wish I have a better equipment but I cannot afford it right now.

Any C&C welcome

http://ttps://picasaweb.google.com/118304176288503655789/DivingDr?authuser=0&feat=directlink

I'm having a issue loading the pics, could you double check the link you posted again? I'm interested in seeing them as I'm thinking about planning a trip there next November.

Back
Top Bottom