Dominica, Soufriere-Scott's Head Marine Reserve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ain'tDeadYet

Registered
Reaction score
Dear Daughter and I just returned from a week's diving in Dominica, and I wanted to give a plug for Nature Island Dive in Soufriere. It's a small shop, very personal service and the DMs were excellent, especially Oscar who can find amazingly small sea-life (like the tiny juvenile smooth trunkfish, which was about as big as a black and white BB with fins, cutest li'l fish I ever did see) with remarkable regularity. DD got her OW cert while I dove twice every day. I had one superb night dive where we watched a monstrous crab stuffing his maw with coral from both claws, looking for all the world like a fat man in an orange tuxedo.
Because I dove with Nature Island Dive every day, they became very familiar with my skill level and were able to give me dives that were just the right degree of challenge. There were never more than seven divers on the boat, mny times only two or three, and the last dive it was just me and Oscar. That was one of the truly great dives of my life, the one I'll be gibbering about when I'm wearing a bib in the home for diver-geezers somewhere (G*d willing!)
Oh, and Dominica topside is beautiful, besides. Roads are scary as hell, but the busses manage them well.
ADY

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom