Dominica Photos -- January 13-20, 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Doug Ebersole

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
My wife and I just returned from a wonderful week in Dominica. For those of you who don’t know, Dominica (not the Dominican Republic) is 310 miles southeast of Puerto Rico in the Eastern Caribbean. It’s south of the Virgin Islands and north of Trinidad/Tobago. Its origins are volcanic and this topography continues into the sea. Due to the local’s use of fish traps, there aren’t a lot of large fish and macro photography is the norm. During the week, I only saw one turtle and a single nurse shark. That having been said, the “critter diving” was great. There were tons of secretary blennies, anemone shrimp, Petersen shrimp, seahorses, and juvenile tropicals. The water temp was 80 degrees with dead flat seas and 100 foot viz the whole week. The reefs were pristine and healthy. If you go, be sure to take an afternoon or two off for topside sightseeing. They filmed Pirates of the Caribbean #2 and #3 in Dominica. We went to the rainforest and Ti Tou Gorge while we were there. Here are a few of the images from the week:

dominicajan2007crw_2312b.jpg

dominicajan2007crw_2473a.jpg

dominicajan2007crw_2479a.jpg

dominicajan2007crw_2517a.jpg

dominicajan2007crw_2058a.jpg

dominicajan2007crw_2514b.jpg

dominicajan2007crw_2083a.jpg

dominicajan2007crw_2537a.jpg

dominicajan2007crw_2154b.jpg

Very nice color, I love your pics.

Isn't Dominica wonderful?

Nice pics, Doug. Where did you dive in Dominica? Which dive op?

I was lucky enough to dive Dominica last year, and was really impressed also. I only got one day of diving, but we dove two spectacular spots: L'Abym Wall, and Point Guignard. We did see some sea turtles, but mostly smaller life on the reef as you indicated. But there certainly was an abundance!

Thanks for the pics. It brings back fond memories. And Dominica is certainly a place I'd like to get back to some day.

Great pics.
I love the color of the squid, and the sea horses.
More pics please

Awesome pics, Doug! The squid and the shrimp are magnificent. Sounds like a great trip.

Back
Top Bottom