Dominica and Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingKDawg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife and I are planning a last minute trip the last week of August. Mexico is our regular go to for a quick easy trip but we were thinking one of our bucket list trips where we haven't been. Roatan or Dominica. Since we haven't been to either of those to places, is end of August a decent time to go or is there a better month to go to Roatan or Dominica to get the most/see the most on a scuba trip?

My wife and I are planning a last minute trip the last week of August. Mexico is our regular go to for a quick easy trip but we were thinking one of our bucket list trips where we haven't been. Roatan or Dominica. Since we haven't been to either of those to places, is end of August a decent time to go or is there a better month to go to Roatan or Dominica to get the most/see the most on a scuba trip?
Hi,

A bit late to answer but if you chose Roatan, you might have seen that it's the best period to go and dive :wink:

Roatan is my new go-to spot.

Now if they could just get direct flights to Isla Providencia from NYC...

Hi,

A bit late to answer but if you chose Roatan, you might have seen that it's the best period to go and dive :wink:
We ended up with a fantasic trip to Mex. Roatan seemed too hot, humid and buggy for summertime so we'll save that trip for spring or fall.

We ended up with a fantasic trip to Mex. Roatan seemed too hot, humid and buggy for summertime so we'll save that trip for spring or fall.
it is hot indeed but once in the water, you don't even feel it ^^

The weather is a bit more variable in the fall, but diving conditions remain very good. There’s also more wind during this time, which makes the temperatures more bearable. As for insects, it’s pretty much the same throughout the year.

Spring is even better because the weather becomes more stable, and the diving conditions improve even more.

Roatan is my new go-to spot.

Now if they could just get direct flights to Isla Providencia from NYC...
For what I know, the direct flights are mainly from Miami and Houston.

Spring in Roatan is excellent. We have been there at the end of April into early May and the weather is great and the water is warm (low to mid 80°). The fall you're getting into the rainy season so I'd prefer going in the spring. However, that is the high season, but the low season starts at the 1st of June.

For what I know, the direct flights are mainly from Miami and Houston.
to Roatan, yes. I have to take 3 planes to get to Isla Providencia, Colombia. That is my favorite place on earth. Well, at least this side of earth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom