Dome for Olympus 7-14mm on Olympus housing (PT-EP14)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PedroP

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I'm looking for a dome for M.Zuiko Olympus 7-14mm for M1-Mk2 (Olympus housing PT-EP14).
Have identified several possibilities, looking for opinions or any reviews.

There are 3 options for older EVOLT line: Olympus PPO-EP04; Athena OPD-F170V II; and Inon Dome Port Olympus.
All of these are about the same size (~170mm) and need a port adapter and extension. This means more o-rings !!!

AOI offers a new option, the AOI DLP-07, also needs extension ring :-( and is little bit bigger (200mm).

Any recommendations ? is a bigger dome beter for wide angle ?

Thanks

I have the Inon dome and M1 mk 1 and Olympus housing. With a 2" extension ring, I can shoot with either my 12-40 Pro or Panasonic 8-18. I used to shoot the Olympus 7-14 through that combination but switched to the 8-18 and get better results. In a pinch, I can also shoot the 60 macro through that combination if I couldn't bring a macro port for some reason. Remove the 2" extension and install just the adapter and you're ready to shoot the 8mm Fisheye Pro (and probably some of the smaller prime lenses if you wanted to go that route). The extra o-rings don't scare me, and I rarely mess with them except when removing or reinstalling the extension ring.

The AOI would give you better split shots, and probably better corners with the 7-14 at wider apertures. Corners are plenty sharp in the Inon dome with the 7-14 if you stop down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom