http://www.diveheart.org/

Dolphin Slaughter in Japan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mgt51

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We ,as the diving community ,need to lend our support to expose this atrocity that still continues in Japan and unfortunately in places like the Faroe Islands. If you've never seen the Academy award documentary " The Cove", then you really should and get involved in protecting these beautiful creatures.

There is some current video of the "humane " slaughter available through The Cove's website.

mgt51

I totally agree with you.

I'm an expat living in Taiwan and really would like to shake (or shoot) a few officials in Japan and Taiwan government and get a few solid actions in stopping shark finning, and in making asians wake up and be more aware of how their and foreigners in their countries or restaurants eating habits -(which include whale/shark/dolphins meat) is actually bringing most of those creatures to the edge of extinction.

However I dont see that Scubaboard are actually interested at all or taking direct action with such issues, and so far as I can tell neither are many of the supposed
'environment' organisations, eg: Humane Society, Greenpeace, East etc - or if they are actually active - which particular persons or groups in Taiwan should I contact ???? ......

Here in Taiwan, Sharks fin soup remains on sale in many many locations .... and most remain blissfully unaware that the eating habits are ridding the oceans of creatures that 'almost' all divers would love to see in the water ..

Pic taken at a Taiwan fishing port two weeks back -if there are still so many baby sharks being hauled up, then there must be a few adults escaping the nets - I guess that is one good thing ??

IMG_4261.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom