Dolphin Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swankenstein:
My other dive yesterday:http://victoriadiving.awardspace.com/dolphinbeach.html
Another new place for me in the Nanoose/Parksville area.
We sometimes dive from Dolphin to Tyee. Takes about 40 minutes to get there. Helps to have a car waiting at the second dive site to drive you back. I guess you would need a buddy for that:wink:

wedivebc:
We sometimes dive from Dolphin to Tyee. Takes about 40 minutes to get there. Helps to have a car waiting at the second dive site to drive you back. I guess you would need a buddy for that:wink:
Hmm... I noticed that Tyee isn't very far down the road. I could always drop my gear on the beach when I surfaced at Tyee, walk back to Dolphin, pick up my car and then drive back to Tyee to pick up my gear. Two dives in one. And no buddy required! Now you've got me thinking. By the way, when you've been to Dolphin, did you notice that it was a long swim to get to the wall? I'm hoping that I just swam out in slightly the wrong direction or in a "curve". If the swim really is that far, I think next time I'll surface swim as far as I can to save air. I'd still swim back underwater as a working safety stop. Plus the shallows are interesting too.

If you swim out due north it takes 10 minutes at a slow pace to reach the wall. I use that area with my tech students. We do a 10 minute swim using 50% then switch to bottom gas and drop over the wall for 20 - 30 minutes at 150+ then switch back to 50% for the trip back. By the time we reach the exit there is little deco left to do and we got to see lots of stuff on the trip. A good excercise in multilevel deco diving.

Back
Top Bottom